Sunday, March 7, 2010

Against uranium mining

Old uranium leases in Pitts. County

Comment: Thanks for the great letter, Ms. KELLEY! Ace feels like most the leaders of Danville and Pittsylvania County are not listening to the citizens. They love to use the excuse "We are Dillon Rule State, therefore, we do not have use our brains for thinking"! Oh, take notice; you may not be back in office! Uranium mining and milling has never been done safely, anywhere in the world, even the nukes cannot name on one single mine! No to uranium mining or milling!
By Published by The Editorial Board
Published: March 6, 2010

To the editor:

In response to the Feb. 12 letter, “Writer: Residents must get involved,” I want to tell the Board of Supervisors that I, too, am against uranium mining in Pittsylvania County and all of Virginia. I’ve been to some meetings and have observed people trying to speak against mining and not being allowed to speak if
their comments did not fit into the exact agenda outline of the meeting.

I live in the fly-over zone; I like to call it “out in the beautiful, clean, peaceful country,” and cannot imagine staying here if the moratorium is lifted.

I want to believe our voices can and will make a difference. This is my voice and I hope others will join in as well.

PAM KELLEY
Java

http://www2.godanriver.com/gdr/news/opinion/letters_to_the_editor/danville_letters/article/against_uranium_mining/18675/